Monday 15 April 2013

A return to the toys of my childhood

I have returned to Military Model making after an absence of over 30 years.
I started with biplanes as I've always loved these delicate pieces of machinery.  They now hang from my daughter's ceiling!

My biggest challenge was the diorama - and I made this outpost kit, pictured below.  I wanted to inject a little humour, and felt the presence of a German Tiger tank so close to the command post would have been unrealistic in a combat situation, so I added a "for sale" sign to imply it was captured.





 Since making this diorama I have been introduced to the art of weathering and distressing the models to get away from that factory finish look, so keep an eye open for later posts showing these effects.

I have also started to design my own bases and terrains, using purpose bought kits of ruined buildings and accessories.  I try to modify everything I make to introduce a uniqueness to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment