Monday 15 April 2013

Which Way?

When I made this tiger, I felt I wanted it in the North African desert, and thought an interesting tableau would be for it to be stopped (in its tracks) by a lone foot soldier.  But how could I arrange that?  The I had an idea for a couple of sappers doing some mine clearance - so "Which Way?" was born.

This is another 1:72 scale kit - which came with no figures, so I used some standard 1:72 airfix figures.  They're soft plastic, so don't glue or paint too well.  I covered the base (plywood) in glue and poured on fine builders sand.  The end result is totally unrealistic!

Again, minimal (if any) weathering and poor attention to detail (the guy holding the mine clearing kit isn't holding it, and the base should be a hoop, not a disc) and so on made this a disappointment, but the incentive to improve was also born with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment