Tuesday 18 June 2013

Panzer Kampfwagen II AusF with riders.

This is the Tamiya 1/35 scale Panzer Kampfwagen II AusF with crew of 5 pretty much as it comes in the box.  Rather than have the 4 Afrika Corps soldiers running alongside the vehicle as depicted on the box, I adapted them so they could be seated on the vehicle, and omitted one soldier completely.

Adaptation was mainly the legs - cutting off the straight legs and utilising the spare soldier or other seated spares to give me three sitting figures.  I wanted one figure to be wounded, so added an arm from an american kit I had and added a sling.  I like this figure best of all - almost looks natural!

The guy in the turret came from the refuelling and rearming kit I posted earlier - I preferred this one to the one that came with the kampfwagen kit because he has headphones on.

The other two figures I think are a bit too stiff - they look posed to me. I may have to change them another day - I'll see if they grow on me!

Additional tank clutter in the form of extra kit bags, towing hauser, chains and jerry cans, plus a refuelling pump all go to build what I hope is the sort of vehicle you'd see in North Africa.  I hope you like it.








No comments:

Post a Comment